Factory Propylene Oxide Supplier Price CAS NO. 75-56-9
|CAS No. :||75-56-9|
|Purity||≥ 99.98, 99.8%|
|Grade||Food Grade, Industrial Grade|
|Loading Port||Qingdao, Shanghai.China|
Propylene oxide is a very important raw material for organic compounds. It is a colorless ether liquid. It has a low boiling point and is flammable. Partly miscible with water, miscible with ethanol and ether. Propylene oxide is mainly used in the production of polyether polyols, propylene glycol and various non-ionic surfactants.
Propylene oxide for Sale, ROSS Chem is a China Propylene oxide supplier.
|CAS No. :||75-56-9|
|Linear Formula :||C3H6O|
|Catagory||Flammable liquid, highly toxic|
|Purity||≥ 99.95, 99.8%|
Colorless ether liquid
Low boiling point and flammable
|Melting point||-112°C (lit.)|
|Boiling point||34°C (lit.)|
|Density||0.83g/ml at 25 °C (lit.)|
|Vapor density||2(vs air)|
|Vapor Pressure.||29.43 psi ( 55 °C)|
|Refractive Index||n20/D 1.366(lit.)|
|Odor||sweet, like natural gas.|
|Water Solubility||40 g/100 mL (20 ºC)|
|Stability||Stablize. It is incompatible with acids, alkalis, oxidants, copper, copper alloys, brass, bronze, iron, metal chlorides, peroxides and various thermal materials chemistry books. Reacts with compounds containing unstable hydrogen. Extremely flammable, no low boiling point, low flash point and extremely low explosion limit. Moisture sensitivity.|
|Index||High grade||First grade|
|Propylene oxide, ω/% ≥||99.95||99.8|
|Chromaticity/Hazen unit (platinum-cobalt color number) ≤||5||10|
|Acidity (calculated by acetic acid) ω/% ≤||0.003||0.006|
|Moisture, ω/% ≤||0.020||0.050|
|Acetaldehyde + propionaldehyde, ω/% ≤||0.005||0.020|
1. Used in organic synthesis and plastic manufacturing. Also used as a solvent and chromatographic analysis standard.
2. Propylene oxide is an intermediate of the herbicide metolachlor.
3. Propylene oxide is an important organic chemical raw material. It is the third largest product of the propylene series. The biggest use is to make polyol (polyether). And then to make polyurethane. In the United States and Western Europe, each accounted for 60% And more than 70%.
4. Propylene oxide is used to prepare non-ionic surfactants and allyl alcohol. Propylene glycol, isopropanolamine. Propionaldehyde, synthetic glycerol. Organic acids, synthetic resins. Foam plastics, plasticizers, emulsifiers, wetting agents. Detergent, bactericide, fumigant.
Packing and Loading
150kg /Tank/galvanized drum
- Hazard Class ：3
- Hazard Codes : F+,T
Propylene oxide can be packed in a galvanized iron drum with a dry, clean and well-sealed performance.
- Propylene oxide is transported in special tanks.
- Propylene oxide should be stored in a cool, ventilated and dry place below 25℃. It should not be exposed to direct sunlight. Keep it away from fire.