Isopropyl alcohol is an organic compound. It is a colorless and transparent liquid. It is flammable. It smells like a mixture of ethanol and acetone. It is soluble in water, but also soluble in most organic solvents. Such as alcohol, ether, benzene, chloroform, etc. Isopropanol is an important chemical product and raw material. The main applications are in pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, plastics, fragrances, coatings, etc.
Isopropyl alcohol for Sale, ROSS Chem is a China Isopropyl alcohol supplier.
CAS No. :
Linear Formula :
Flammable liquid, poisoning
Colorless and transparent liquid.
Soluble in water, in most organic solvents
0.785g/ml at 25 °C (lit.)
33mm Hg ( 20 °C)
Store at +5°C to +30°C.
water: soluble (completely)
Low Melting Solid
Like ethyl alcohol
Clear colorless liquid
Moisture Weight %
Acidity (CH3COOH) %
Evaporation residue %
Hydroxyl content %
S, ppm ppm
1. As a chemical raw material. It can produce acetone, hydrogen peroxide. Methyl isobutyl ketone, diisobutyl ketone, isopropylamine, isopropyl ether, isopropyl chloride. Fatty acid isopropyl ester and chlorinated fatty acid isopropyl ester.
2. In fine chemicals, it can be used to produce isopropyl nitrate, isopropyl xanthate, triisopropyl phosphite, aluminum isopropoxide. Medicines and pesticides. It can also be used to produce diisopropyl acetone and isopropyl acetate. And thymol and gasoline additives.
3. As a solvent, it is a relatively cheap solvent in industry. It can be freely mixed with water. The solubility of lipophilic substances is stronger than that of ethanol. It can be used as a solvent for nitrocellulose, rubber, paint, shellac, alkaloids. It can be used to produce coatings, inks, extractants, aerosols. It can also be used as antifreeze, cleaning agent, additive for blending gasoline, dispersant for pigment production, fixing agent for printing and dyeing industry, antifogging agent for glass and transparent plastics. Used as a diluent for adhesives. Used as antifreeze, dehydrating agent, etc.
4. As a chromatographic standard for the determination of barium, calcium, copper, magnesium, nickel, potassium, sodium, strontium, nitrous acid, cobalt, etc.
5. Used as a defoamer for water-based fracturing fluids in oil wells.
6. In the electronics industry, it can be used as a cleaning and degreasing agent.
7. In the oil industry, the extractant of cottonseed oil.
Packing and Loading
160kg/drum, 12.8mt/20GP, 24.32mt/40GP.
Hazard Class ：3
Hazard Codes : Xi,F,Xn
The warehouse is ventilated, low temperature and dry. Stored separately from oxidants and acids.
Fire extinguishing agent: dry powder, dry sand, carbon dioxide, foam.